Good shopping cart software offers a host of other tools to help get your online business up and running. Every business owners must have an online shopping cart in order to compete in the high intensity market that has grown online in the last few years.
In this article, we are going to list a collection of the best open source ecommerce platform to help you create your own online store. Every e-commerce builder or owner should look before launching their new site.
- Payment Gateway – Payment gateway integration into e-commerce websites is a good way of accepting payment for products or services offered by online shopping.
- Webpage Design – A designer needs to be careful and planned in his approach while designing an e-commerce website. Many merchants are good at selling things, not designing webpages, so some shopping cart software will include step-by-step wizards to help take the mystery out of that process .
- Inventory Control – Good shopping cart software will keep track of your inventory and generate consumer reports automatically.
- Tax Calculation – Most shopping cart software can calculate taxes, a valuable tool, especially since many states are considering requiring merchants to collect taxes for online sales.
- Customer Management – Most shopping cart software has features that will let customers view their previous purchases. The program will also recognize the customer when they come back for a return visit.
- Security – Customers won’t purchase online if they feel the website cannot protect their personal information. Most shopping cart software will offer protection by encrypting information, processing credit cards through reputable processing services and by allowing customers to move through their program without having to download cookies
These eCommerce platforms will allow easy to creating your own online store. You build sites that are ready to grow with your business and start making more money. Here, we will go through some of the best excellent 20+ free and premium open source ecommerce platforms to create a website.
Top Free Open Source eCommerce Platforms 2018
WooCommerce is the WordPress based eCommerce platform and it hosted more than 37% of online stores. There are lots of free resources available so you can easily and quickly lauch your online shopping site. Read Aso 100 Best WooCommerce WordPress Themes
osCommerce is a popular Open Source online shop e-commerce solution that is powered by a dedicated, strong, and ever growing community, and is released under the GNU General Public License.
PrestaShop is another robust, professional-grade e-Commerce solution that you can download, install, and use for free. On the back end, you’ll use a full-featured back-office application to manage your online business (including inventory, orders, shipping, and customers) in real-time.
Zen Cart is the art of e-commerce; free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software. The ecommerce web site design program is being developed by a group of like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and consultants that think ecommerce web design could be and should be done differently.
OpenCart is an open source PHP-based online e-
VirtueMart is an Open Source E-Commerce solution to be used together with a Content Management System (CMS) called Joomla!. Joomla and VirtueMart are written in PHP and can be used in typical PHP/MySQL environments. VirtueMart using Plugins, Components, Templates and Modules to make them.
Drupal Commerce is open-source eCommerce software for the content management system Drupal. With Drupal Commerce, online retailers have a simple yet powerful platform and the flexibility to integrate a rich commerce experience anywhere within their environment.
Spree is an open source ecommerce platform for Ruby on Rails. Using Spree’s extension system, you’ll be able to customise your store and mark yourself out from your competitors. Useful features include support for over 50 payment gateways.
CubeCart is a flexible e-commerce platform that offers a hassle-free way to set up your own e-commerce website. CubeCart you can quickly setup a powerful online store to sell digital or tangible products to new and existing customers globally.
Ubercart is specifically designed for people selling things like file downloads, event registrations, website access passes and event tickets, rather than physical products. Ubercart is an exciting open source e-commerce shopping cart that fully integrates your online store with Drupal, the leading open source content management system.
JigoShop is another best open source ecommerce plugin for WordPress. This is well established e-commerce platform that combines broad functionality, easy migration options, and professional support packages.
WP eCommerce is another free WordPress eCommerce plugin for creating an online store.
TomatoCart is open source shopping cart software using the ExtJS RIA framework, which makes it second-to-none friendly to users. TomatoCart covers nearly all the features a shopping cart could ever have and is continuing progressing with its roadmap.
Other Free Open Source eCommerce Platforms to Check Out
- StoreSprite – Despite being completely free, StoreSprite offers many features that you’d expect to find only on paid-for and more popular platforms.
- RokQuickCart is is a simple shopping cart for Joomla.
- Highwire is a unique solution in the sense that apart from setting up your own store, you can also use it to sell on eBay or Facebook. Plus, you can sync your inventory across multiple channels of e-commerce
- AlegroCart is a free open source e-commerce shopping cart solution based on MVC Framework. You can have your own shopping cart operational in a very short time, which can be managed through administration by you and your staff.
- Axis commerce – Axis commerce is a powerfull open source e-commerce platform. Axis commerce is a provides Multiply stores management, Admin Ajax user interface, One page checkout and SEO friendly.
- SimpleCart js – SimpleCart(js) 2.0 is no longer only for Paypal. It now works with Google Checkout as well. You can now add increment, decrement, and remove buttons to your cart. You can also rearrange items, change the HTML tags, do whatever you like to display your cart how you want. No databases, no programming, no headaches.
- Afcommerce – AFCommerce is a full and complete online store with both a store front and administration area directly Out-Of-The-Box, which can be easily installed, configured, and maintained over a web-based interface.
- Zeuscart – The best thing about Zeuscart is its user interface, which is rich, attractive, user-friendly and generally less boring than most of the open-source UIs that I have to look at on a daily basis.
Top eCommerce Platforms Premium Solution
Shopify is an easy to use hosted e-commerce solution that lets you create your online store within minutes. It comes loaded with secure shopping carts, beautiful e-commerce templates as well as web hosting. Before you purchase Shopify, you can also opt for a risk-free 30-day trial.
BigCommerce lets you sell your products on Facebook and eBay as well as your own store. If you wish to sell unlimited products on your website, you’ll have to opt for the Platinum Plan at $149.95 per month. There is also a free 15-day trial.