Taking notes is quite a common activity, be it for personal purposes or professional ones. While some do it for daily chores like making grocery lists, some use it to note down information important to their job. Either way, notes find application quite widely and with the digital transformation taking place in every field, notes haven’t been an exception either.
A number of note-taking apps have been launched across different platforms to cater to the varied demands. Here are eight of the best ones among them that you may use on Windows 10.
List of the Best Note Taking App for Windows 10
Definitely one of the most powerful note-taking apps, Evernote comes packed with various interesting features. The users can include more or less everything from text notes and audio clips to PDF files and images. Its inclusive nature makes Evernote one of the most popular apps for this purpose. The main reasons why it is one of the top note-taking apps are:
- It can process any image that has text in it and identify the text. For instance, you may save a photo of a document, and later find it by searching for a piece of text that the document would contain.
- You may add tags to notes once you have created them, so that you can find them with ease in the future.
- The notes can be sorted into neat notebooks, for better organisation.
2. Windows 10 Sticky notes
Sticky notes is a very convenient option for the Windows 10 users as it comes as a default app with Windows. It can also be downloaded for free from the windows app store. These notes stay attached to the desktop, much like the same way how actual sticky notes are hung up. This app does offer a number of features due to which it has gained its popularity.
- The users can draw on the notes or write by hand on devices that support touch input.
- The notes are easily formattable.
- The sticky notes can be synced across other devices too, using a Microsoft account.
This app is exactly what the name says- a simple note-taking app. This is a cross-platform app that allows the users to access the notes through any devices or even web browsers. The data is automatically backed up online and gets synchronised across all the devices. The features that have helped Simplenote become popular are:
- This app is lightweight, which enhances its compatibility with various devices.
- In case if you make a major mistake, you can revert the note to a previous version.
- Despite great features, this app is completely free.
One cannot ignore OneNote while looking for a note-taking app on Windows. While OneNote is free, the users may purchase premium plans for additional features. This app is rich in features and easily one of the most comprehensive note-taking apps.
- It is possible to add audio and video files to the notes.
- Users may draw on the notes using a mouse or a surface pen.
- OneNote comes with a number of educational features that make it suitable for students.
This unique note-taking app is perfect for enterprise use as it helps to streamline the entire note-taking process. It is particularly a great remote working tool as it syncs easily across multiple devices. It offers various features which make the notes customisable and suitable for business environments.
- Notion can be integrated with more than fifty apps, making it perfect for workspaces.
- Large teams can easily collaborate on Notion.
- The content consists of ‘blocks’ that can be easily moved around.
Unlike most note-taking apps, Milanote isn’t just a word processor. Rather, it acts as a virtual pinboard. The users can take snippets and place them, on the board and arrange them as needed. It comes with a free plan and pro plan and offers various great features.
- Milanote supports all the common file formats.
- The app supports real time collaboration.
- A wide variety of file types can be added to the notes.
This note-taking app is yet another great professional tool. It allows teams to share information with each other and collaborate with ease.
- Slite offers excellent formatting features.
- The layout offers a clear view of all the documents.
- The support team of Slite is very reliable.
8. Dropbox Paper
This popular note-taking app is a great online document workspace. It allows the users to keep various items in a single location and the documents are easily synchronised.
- Dropbox Paper supports more than 175 file types.
- The user interface is very friendly.
- The users can customise the documents in every way.
All these apps are great and offer their own features. Depending on your requirements, you simply need to pick the one that suits you the best.