Writing an article, blog, or book is not an easy task and requires exceptional writing skills, but one needs to have the best word processor software that is a helpful writing process. Microsoft Word is considered the default word processing tool for several writers, but getting a subscription to Office 365 is quite expensive.
But in this technocratic era, writers will be able to find out several available options and considered them to be a better option than Microsoft Word. Come with us here in this article. We have provided some best word processor for writers that are having significant benefits.
List of the best word processor software for writers
- Google Docs
- WPS office writer
- OpenOffice Writer
Squibler is considered to be one of the best word processing software for writing a book. This software is capable of providing a different writing platform that simplifies the writing process for the writers. Squibler is very much simple, sleek, and modern. It working is relatively easy to understand and navigate. The best thing about this software is that its ready-to-use outlines for instant plotting.
The key features of Squibler are as follows -:
- It is easy to use as it consists of an easy-to-use text editor that is helpful and can be used by anyone without training.
- It consists of a simple drag-and-drop option that helps the writers arrange and organize their articles and notes.
- This software comes up with a word count limit feature that allows setting the required word limit.
Scrivener is another best word processor for writers that consists of several features that help the writer write a book conveniently. This application consists of a flexible dashboard that allows the writers to customize the dashboard as per their requirements. It contains several power-packed features and tools that help the writers organize their ideas and manage more complicated writing projects.
Here is the list of significant features of Scrivener -:
- User can create and save writing templates that are based upon their preferences.
- This writing software is quite simple and clean user-interface.
- Users can set their writing goals and targets easily.
3. Google Docs
Google Docs is one of the best free online word processors for writers that will let them write, organize, and manage their book quite quickly. Docs is a very famous, most commonly and widely used writing software throughout the world. It consists of various fonts and images. If writers are working as a team or collaborate with different authors while writing, Google Docs will help collaborate and communicate with each other.
Google Doc features
Overview of Some features of Google Doc is as follows -:
- Easily accessible on any device, e.g., Windows, Mac, Smartphone, iPad, etc.
- Your content will be saved in Google Drive and easily accessible by the writer’s team.
- It has a good document recovery feature that will allow users to recover the file from the previously saved version.
A simple word processor consists of the “distraction-free” features. This is a simple writing software that is specially designed to keep writers focused on their writing. FocusWriter consists of a hide-away interface through which the writer can make a customizable environment and enable autosave.
Useful features of this application are as follows -:
- This enables the writers to focus on a single paragraph or sentence.
- Allows the users to change the theme as per their requirement.
- This application comes up with a word count limit.
ProWritingAid is another application that is on the list of the best word processor for writers due to its outstanding features and robust tool that can check grammar, spelling, edits style. Apart from these, this application provides various writing improvement points that are based on AI-powered reports.
Some valuable features of the ProWritingAid application are -:
- User-friendly and straightforward software that doesn’t require any training
- Progress tracker will be helpful to keep an eye on the word count for each file in your project
Ulysses is another word processing application that is quite an easy-to-use writing app that consists of various powerful features and a distraction-free mode. This application is always focused on increasing productivity with its clean and straightforward interface. It consists of many handy features that help the writers write in a better way.
Some valuable features of Ulysses are as follows -:
- A clean and tidy interface that is helpful for writers to focus on writing only.
- Users can use this application from the keyboard without touching the keypad or mouse.
7. WPS Office Free Writer
WPS office writer is another free word processor that is very similar and works almost like its premium counterpart Microsoft Office. This office suite consists of several useful features and can easily be used by the users who are using this. Other additions to this application are that it can convert PDF files into Word format.
WPS Office Free Writer Features
Features of WPS Office Free Writer software are as follows -:
- Its library has the ability to save all your write-ups and content that you can retrieve anytime.
- User-friendly application with powerful features.
- Free in-built templates.
8. OpenOffice Writer
OpenOffice Writer consists of all the essential features that are useful for the writers. Some valuable features included in this application are the Automatic spell checker, the potential of adding notes on the side of the work area of the document, and much more. This application is known for supporting a variety of formats.
OpenOffice Writer Features
Overview of Some features of OpenOffice Writer is as follows -:
- The application works with a lot of file formats
- It consists of advanced and basic formatting options
- User-friendly interface with a lot of advanced features
In The End
The best word processor for writers is one that makes life immensely easier for the writer. It is helpful for the articles to keep them organized, write quickly, and improve their focus. These word processing applications don’t write content for the writers. Still, it helps the writers write better, which is one reason why the writer needs to grab the best word processing application to write an article. The list that is shared above provides a complete overview of all the features of each writing tool. Writers can choose the one that can fulfil their requirements and necessity.
Now, it’s your turn to pick the one you think is the best word processor and make your writing part the best-ever writing experience.