If you want to kill unwanted processes and applications that slow down Windows, this guide can help you find a solution to close programs running in the background in Windows 10.
You may face problems slow PC or laptop performance because of too many background processes running in Windows 10. In this post, we will share steps to use Task Manager to identify and stop processes that take high-resource usage, to keep your computer at top speeds.
Windows 10 Task Manager Opening
Here are a few ways to open Task Manager:
- Right-click the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- Open Start, do a search for Task Manager and click the result.
- Use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut and click on Task Manager.
- Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the power-user menu and click on Task Manager.
Close unwanted programs – stop background processes windows 10
After you identify the problem, right-click the process, and select End task to terminate it. Alternatively, you can simply select the item and click the End task button in the bottom-right corner.
Stop Windows 10 apps running in the background.
Read also: How to Disable Startup Programs Windows 10