In the present time, as innovation is expanding, online job opportunities are likewise expanding step by step. Indeed, many of us are doing jobs and making money from home by defining other people’s life objectives and assisting them with fulfilling their dreams as life coaches.
Just as the number of people in this world is increasing, similarly, individuals are additionally wishing their lives to be peaceful, joyful, self-aware, and successful. They need somebody who will directly guide them to how their life can be positive and brimming with inspiration.
But some questions arise. What is a life coach? What does a life coach do? How to start a life coaching business? Even how to start a life coaching business from home? And, how much money does a life coach make?
Further, you will find solutions to every one of these questions in this valuable article. It will prepare you to become from zero a fruitful holistic mentor who will actually want to change other lives’ intentions.
What Is a Life Coach?
As a life coach, you assist other’s lives to reach their future goals through the phenomenal services they required. You manage their lives, inspire them to expand their personal and professional motives. You help them to achieve what they desire on the personal, business, health, or relationship fronts. Life coaches are like a holistic view to solving someone’s perspective problems.
In today’s era, the life coaching business is an ideal and high-demanding career. It is expanding day by day. Individuals need life coaches; they want someone who solves their personal and professional issues, they want someone there who can manage their lives and daily routine.
What Does a Life Coach Do?
Basically, a life coach properly manages someone’s life from top to bottom, they identify and solve the problems of the required person.
A life coach must do the following things:
- Identify: Identify the client’s perspective problem they are facing
- Clarify: Focus on that problem
- Set Goals: A life coach helps to set the client’s goal
- Create an Action Plan: Make a proper action plan for them that will get results
- Encourage: Encourage them to follow through with the action plan
- Evoke New Strategies: Analyze and evoke new strategies
- Accountability Partner: A life coach should be an accountability partner for the clients
- Get Results: Helping the client to achieve results
What Skills Do You Need to Become a Life Coach?
As everyone knows, skills or qualities make you perfect for any specific work or task. No skill, no work, no payout. As a life coach, you should master some specific qualities which will get your clients to you.
The six qualities a life coach must have are:
- Active Listening: A life coach should be active in listening to understand people and their issues.
- Eye Contact: A life coach must have great eye contact, especially when other persons are looking at them.
- Facial Expression: It indicates that you are present and focused
- Body Language: Having the right body language shows your nature of behavior while talking with someone.
- Silence: Sometimes, it’s not about jumping and talking, sometimes you have to be a quiet person and observe while someone is talking. Silence is much more powerful than a talky person sometimes.
- Questioning Skills: A good life coach always asks clients the right questions at the right time during the conversation.
How Much Money Do Life Coaches Make?
There are various categories or sections in which life coaches make their payout. The price point depends on your target market and the value you provide. It also depends on whom you select, for example; a celebrity may charge $1,00,000 for just a small consultation and if you have to sit with Warren Buffet for dinner, it may be millions of dollars. The price point is usually determined by how much you value yourself.
But according to my research, I put some payout results in three categories:
- Beginners: This is the basic level you start after your course completion without any experience. You can make anywhere from $5000 to $20,000 per year.
- Professionals: These are those who have been playing this game for some time, maybe 3 or 4 years of experience, and who have dealt with 50-60 clients. Their payout could be from $20,000 to $2,00,000 per year.
- Super Stars: These are people who coach the big names and celebrities in the world. They will charge over $1,00,000 per client and it can even go to millions of dollars per client.
How to Start a Life Coaching Business
Actions to Start a Life Coaching Business
If you really want to become a successful life coach,then I highly suggest you do a certified program like CDP (Continuing Professional Development). The course will take you from establishment material to cutting-edge procedures and systems to help to change your customers’ lives. But if you’re already a certified life coach, then it will be straightforward to build your successfullife coaching business by taking some important actions or steps.
Here are the actions to start your life coaching business:
Find Your Niche
After the completion of your course program, you have to decide what type of life coach you want to start your business with. It depends upon your work interest. Find your interest in the area and follow it. When all your potential and whole effort goes into one niche, the result will be equally excellent.
Here are some niches from which you can pick one for your career according to your interest:
- Financial coach
- Health coach
- Nutrition coach
- Healing coach
- Relationship coach
- Spiritual coach
- Mindset coach
- Business coach
- Results coach
- Weight Loss coach
- Dating coach
Get Your Very First Client
Just being a coach is not enough, you have to be a good marketer. You have to market yourself. You sell yourself, sell your services. If you are able to sell your services and able to solve someone’s personal and professional issues then you can ask them for money, and this is being an actual life coach.
We are going through a VCP process to get your clients:
- Visibility: If you want to be a successful life coach, the first step is that you need to be visible on the marketplace, seminars, ads, and so on. Once people know you, consider your 50% marketing done.
- Credibility: It is nothing but a lot of testimonials, recommendations you will get where people say, “Hey, I know him/her, this coach is excellent!” and more like these types of good compliments you will receive.
- Profitability: Once your credibility starts, profitability will follow from there, and further you will be able to make thousands and millions.
For the VCP process you can do three things:
- Speaking in Forums: Start by doing some free talks. Talk about how you can help people to reach their goals, solve their issues. Talking about success, about people’s regrets and their problems, about achievement. Talk about what you can do.
- Offline Networking Groups: To be more in touch with people, you can join offline networking groups like BNI (Business Network International).
- Digital Marketing: Become an online influencer through social media marketing, ads campaign, SEM, etc.
When these means will be working out positively, similar to individuals knowing you and the services you provide, when individuals will understand that you are the person who can support them and can address their life issues to help them arrive at their objectives and achievements and express their most elevated gifts, that day you will actually be a successful life coach and your instructing business will run in its own specific manner and you can make thousands and millions of dollars.
Be that as it may, all these happen when you want to make your career in thelife coaching business. It’s a highly rewarding profession nowadays. If you think you are up for the challenge, start your life coaching business now.